Caring for your Minnesota Landscape
For pricing information, or to schedule landscape care service, contact your landscape designer, or call (651) 203-3000.
Fall Landscape Care and Maintenance
- Keep watering your lawn and shrubs throughout the fall months or until the first hard freeze. The plant material needs the moisture to help them survive the dry fall season.
- Use high nitrogen fertilizer in late fall when the weather is cool. This will help ensure a lush green lawn in the spring.
- Rake and mow any leaves that fall on the ground. Large amounts of leaves left on your lawn and gardens will create mildew in the spring (and a soggy mess).
- Cover tea and hybrid roses with mulch or straw to protect them from winter freeze and winds.
- Mow lawn to 2 inches to prevent snow mold.
Winter Landscape Care and Maintenance
- Oaks, Honeylocusts, Crabapples, Pears, Mountain Ash, and Hawthorn are best pruned now.
- Keep evergreens and shrubs free of heavy snow.
Spring Landscape Care and Maintenance
- De-weed mulch beds and perennial gardens.
- Cut back perennials to new growth or mulch line.
- Apply preen to all mulch beds once de-weeding is complete.
- Top-dress beds with new mulch to give fresh look appearance.
- Fertilize trees.