Southview Design Employment Opportunities
Maintenance Operations Manager
Southview Design, one of the Twin Cities leading Landscape Design-Build firms, is expanding and looking for qualified talent to join our team. We offer competitive compensation packages including 401k, Health Insurance, Hourly and Salaried positions.
Title: Maintenance Operations Manager
Summary: The operations manager is responsible for overall management and oversight of each maintenance crew, including quality control. Candidate will utilize current Southview Design reports, effectively manage all maintenance crews to produce and perform work in a safe and efficient manner, while exceeding customer expectations in quality and service. Candidate should be organized and excel at time management; should be a strong advocate of proper horticultural care; have project and people management skills; be an excellent communicator – both written and verbal; and, have an extensive background in process management, training, and process improvement.
Job Responsibilities: The following duties are required; other duties may be assigned:
- Create training protocol for all maintenance crew supervisors and field members in basic landscape services (i.e. spring clean-up, sequencing for weekly mowing, etc.)
- Manage weekly workloads for crews to ensure efficient work style and increased quality.
- Ensure contractual services are completed for each site.
- Provide weekly updates for hours used.
- Schedule all maintenance crews.
- Create tracking procedures for machine hours, machine/truck/trailer cleanliness, and machine and truck maintenance.
- Ensure safety standards are being followed.
- Work with crews to help understand desired quality and hour outcomes.
- Must be able to take direction and be flexible.
- Complete all required paperwork.
- Follow all policies and procedures pertaining to job requirements as well as other required/incidental activities.
Education & Experience: Minimum 3 years in landscape management operations. Be able to operate a computer and be proficient with Microsoft Office. Be able to consistently communicate in an efficient and effective manner on the telephone or in person. Bilingual (Spanish) a plus; driver’s license and pesticide applicator license are required. Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Horticulture, Agronomy, or related fields of study is preferred.
Work Environment & Physical Demands: Must be able to lift/carry materials up to 50 lbs on a regular basis, move about the work site. May be exposed to exterior elements, such as pollen, chemicals, cold, and heat, etc. Requires extended periods of activity including, walking, standing, kneeling, bending, and lifting, up to 100% of a workday. Time in the field: 50%
How to Apply:
- Complete the online application OR
- Apply in person at 2383 Pilot Knob Rd., St. Paul, Mn 55120
Equal Employment Opportunity: The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions on the basis of merit, qualifications, and abilities. The Company shall recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job titles, including interns, apprentices, and volunteers, without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion (including religious dress or religious grooming), age, national origin or ancestry, plysical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws (“protected characteristics”).