Southview Design Employment Opportunities
Maintenance Operations Manager
Utilizing current SVD reports, effectively manage all maintenance crews to produce and perform work in a safe and efficient manner, while exceeding customer expectations in quality and service.
The operations manager is responsible for overall management and oversight of each maintenance crew, including quality control. Candidate should be very organized and excel at time management. Candidate should be a strong advocate of proper horticultural care, have project and people management skills and be an excellent communicator, both written and verbal. Candidate should have extensive background in process management, training and process improvement.
- Create training protocol for all maintenance crew supervisors and field members in basic landscape services (i.e. spring clean-up, sequencing for weekly mowing etc.)
- Manage weekly workloads for crews to ensure efficient work style, increased quality
- Ensure contractual services are completed for each site
- Provide weekly updates for hours used
- Schedule all maintenance crews
- Create tracking procedures for machine hours, machine/truck/trailer cleanliness, and machine and truck maintenance
- Ensure safety standards are being followed
- Work with crews to help understand desired quality and hour outcomes
- Must be able to take direction and be flexible
- Completes all required paperwork
- Follows all policies and procedures that pertain to job requirements as well as other required/incidental activities
Minimum of 3 years’ experience in landscape management operations. Be able to operate a computer and be proficient with Microsoft Office. Be able to consistently communicate in an efficient and effective manner on the telephone or in person. Complete required paperwork daily. Bilingual (Spanish) a plus. Driver’s License and Pesticide Applicators License are required. Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Horticulture, Agronomy, or related fields of study is preferred.
Must be able to lift/carry materials up to 50lbs on a regular and consistent basis, move about the work site. Exposed to exterior elements (i.e. pollen, chemicals, cold and heat etc.). Requires extended periods of activity including, walking, standing, kneeling, bending and lifting, up to 100% of a workday. Time in the field may be equal to or more than 50% of time.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions on the basis of merit, qualifications, and abilities.
The Company shall recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job titles, including interns, apprentices, and volunteers, without regard on race, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion (including religious dress or religious grooming), age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws (“protected characteristics”).
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.