Director of Marketing & Business Development
Mobile: (612) 282-8834 / Office: (651) 203-3004
- Grew up in Michigan and Florida
- A.A.S. from Dakota County Technical College in Landscape Design/Horticulture
- Certified Nursery and Landscape Professional
- Serves on NARI (National Association for the Remodeling Industry) Board of Directors, oversight of the NARI Golf Event, committee member for the NARI Marketing and Sponsorship Committees, and participates on Lennar's Home Free Fundraising Event Committee.
- Award-winning designer
- B.S. in Meteorology from Florida State University
- Spent the '80s and '90s as a Twin Cities radio and television meteorologist
- Loves music, dancing, golfing, and spending time at the cabin
- Knows how to drive a Zamboni
Karen Filloon has been active in the green industry since fall 2000. You may remember Karen from her work on Twin Cities radio and television as a meteorologist for KSTP and WCCO from 1982 through 2003. Taking her passion and knowledge of climate and weather into landscaping, she joined Southview Design in 2008 as a residential landscape designer – designs with the climate in mind. She received a Certificate of Merit Award from the Minnesota Nursery and Landscape Association (MNLA) in January 2006. Currently, her work for Southview Design covers marketing and business development and her committee work brings her in contact with people in the construction industry on a daily basis.