Mobile: (612) 413-4639 / Office: (651) 203-3007
- I have been designing residential and boutique institutional landscape for more than 15 years.
- What motivates me is to actually see projects installed, and to see them built to a degree of quality and sophistication and craft that, with the right design, creates a project that is timeless.
- I believe inspiring surroundings have a positive effect on people's lives, and so I work closely with clients and a host of collaborating disciplines from master planning through construction management to ensure the design is dynamic, thoughtful, and appropriate.
- Have 3 MNLA design awards for my residential design work in 2009, 2010, and 2014.
- Past institutional projects include therapy gardens at WestHealth Care Center in Plymouth, Augustana Care Center in Hopkins, and Bethesda Rehabilitation Hospital in St. Paul; a large veterans memorial plaza for the Minnesota Masonic Home in Bloomington; the 2009 ASID Showcase Home in Edina; and a garden monument for the Field Regina Northrup Neighborhood Group in Minneapolis.
- My design work has been features in Midwest Home magazine, Mpls/St. Paul magazine, and Luxury Home & Renovation; my graduate research is published in the scientific journals Environmental Entomology and Restoration and Reclamation Review.
Alyson has developed a consistent body of award-winning work based on the belief that landscape design should be timeless, and that location has everything to do with the character and outcome of a project. With a master’s degree from the University of Minnesota in landscape design, her experience spans over a decade, and includes residential and institutional projects. She approaches each project as unique, and responds by carefully integrating client values with layers of culture, history and materials.