Mobile: 651-755-5786 / Office: 651-203-3001
- Graduated with a degree in Landscape Design and Construction. My experience installing and managing large landscape projects puts me in a unique position of understanding the viewpoints of both contractor and designer. This is especially useful when creating a functional & sustainable design that will cater to my client’s specific needs.
- Began working in the industry in 1992 and worked my way up from laborer, foreman, to project manager, to landscape designer. In that time, I gained experience and confidence working in all areas of the industry – design, sales, and project management.
- Started at Southview Design in 2004 as a Project Manager. I enjoy working with new people to the industry - teaching and exchanging ideas on proper construction practices and the importance of taking time to do things the right way.
- I have designed/installed projects ranging from small back yards to large estates, hotels, corporate headquarters from patios, fountain fire features to outdoor living spaces.
- My wife Stacy and I live in Golden Valley and enjoy the use of Theodore Wirth Park outside our door. The old growth trees and the trails make every ski, walk or hike a real treat!
- Any free time I have is spent sailing in the Apostle Islands but I aslo enjoy snowboarding, XC skiing, mountain biking, and fly-fishing
Matt has the experience and technical expertise to work all aspects of a project - from design to installation to overall project management. He has the skill and talent to create a functional landscape design and is passionate about the quality of the overall project. He takes pride in creating a landscape exclusively for his client. He is also involved in large scale commercial projects around the Twin Cities, such as the Northern Tool Corporate Headquarters in Burnsville with beautiful outdoor spaces for the employees. He oversees scheduling, managing his team and handles any trouble-shooting on every project. From start to finish, he has regular communication with his client and enjoys adding the finishing touches to a project, such as statuaries, outdoor lighting, plant selection, and other unique features.