Backyard Family Refuge
A refuge from busy day-to-day activities was what this family wished for. Since their property backed up to privately-held land, they knew no one would ever build behind them. The back yard would always be peaceful and private.
It’s All Connected
- Three-season porch & deck just off the kitchen and family room are perfect for morning coffee or Sunday brunch. The porch has a fireplace for chilly mornings and drop-down screens to keep pesky bugs out.
- Under the deck, a comfortable living space is located just off the media/entertainment room for when the party spills to the outdoors, rain or shine.
- 16' across, this gas fire pit patio comfortably seats 4 to 6 people. The pavers match those used in the driveway.
- Channel drains in the pool deck eliminate puddles around the pool.
- Cultured stone on the fire pit and deck posts match the exterior stone on the house.
- Black aluminum fencing matches the deck railings.
- An arborvitae hedge provides screening from the next door neighbor.
- Nightlighting adds to the evening ambiance.
- The grade from the house to the woods drops 5’. A boulder wall (not pictured) created a level space for the 20’ x 40’ pool.
- A paver driveway (Anchor Charleston-untumbled) welcomes family and friends.
Quiet, relaxing, and far away from the worries of the world! Wouldn't you like a safe haven like that? Call and talk to one of our designers today!
- Photographer: John Wiese
- Location: Eden Prairie, MN
- Request a Quote