Arbors, Pergolas and Trellises
Outdoor structures make spaces more functional, inviting
Landscape and garden structures such as arbors, pergolas, trellises and fences are as individual as the homeowner, and serve as points of interest in the landscape.
Whether they are simple or elaborate these landscaping structures can draw us from one outdoor space to another, moving us through gardens or from the front yard to the back yard.
- Use arbors as arches to mark a passageway.
- Design an overhead pergola “roof” to create shade over a patio.
- Trellises covered with vines or flowers can stand-alone or cling to the side of a building.
Form and Function: fences, decks and gazebos
- Fences make excellent decorative boundaries, usually with details matching a home or landscape.
- Decks extend indoor spaces, giving you more room for entertaining and relaxation.
- Gazebos beckon as a destination point in the landscape.
Soften the edges with vines and vertical gardens
All of these structures can support climbing vines and shrubs. Vertical gardens soften the hard edges of the structures and add to the colorful floral displays in any garden.
Contact a designer to add one of these landscape structures to your Minneapolis St Paul yard.